dinsdag 27 juli 2004

Ain Leuh, still
 
 
Dear Blog,
 
Despite my promise to a certain someone i'm not really updating this Blog thing every day... sorry...
It's not that there's nothing to tell, it's just that I'm sort of depending on my dad to get this computer going every time i want to chekc my mail and all (cause he won't tell me the password...) and he's quite a busy man, soooo... and of course i'm also to busy sitting outside on the porch enjoying the sunshine on my face....
 
My brother Umit (the Turkish one) discovered a nice little swimming pool, right here on the Children's Home premises... such luxury! Actually it's the orchard's water reservoir, but i don't think the apple trees really mind me using their water to keep cool... today during the afternoon break (everyone here except for me works really hard...) some of the more courageous people (men, indeed) came up with a new game: two of them hold a very tall ladder while the third one climbs it and throws himself off once he's reached the top... so much for my peaceful reading.
 
I'm re-reading Alice in Wonderland at the moment. 'Pigs may fly, but it's not likely', I learned today. I wish I had come up with that.
 
Tomorrow i'll be going to Azrou again, the place I went a couple of days ago to do some souvernir shopping (retail therapy, as Kaja would say!) and some sitting on terraces by myself (secretly smiling about all the shocked expressions on the faces of all those men.. not used to seeing a woman sitting on a terrace, before they continue their Italian-style conversations). Tomorrow's souk day, market day, and i'm looking forward to seeing some chickens butchered and some other friendly folklore....  
 
Have many more things to write but my brother's chasing me out of his room... and rightly so... will write more tomorrow i hope!
 
Salama,
- Else
 

Geen opmerkingen: